There are two options for viewing and syncing your course calendar.
Blackboard: Just Due Dates
The blackboard calendar contains all course due dates. In the past, I have had challenges with a delay between when edits are made and when they show up in my calendar. Thus, a more complete calendar is available through this website (see Google Version).
Students are encouraged to add the course calendar to their personal calendars following these instructions:
- Click on the Calendar menu item inside Blackboard
- Ensure the calendar(s) you want to export are selected
- Click on “Get External Calendar Link” (shown above)
- Copy the URL and add use it to import into your personal calendar.
- In Google Calendar, click on the + sign beside “Add friend’s calendar” and select “From URL.” Paste the URL. Click on “Add Calendar.”
Google Version: All Course Activities
Below is the course calendar. You can sync the entire calendar or a portion of it through clicking on “+GoogleCalendar” on the bottom right of the calendar. When you click the “+GoogleCalendar” button you will then be able to select which calendar(s) you want to import to your calendar (Learning Modules, Discussion, Live Sessions, and Due Dates).
For the iCal version, which should work with iDevices and Outlook, you need to import each calendar individually:
- Click here for a schedule of the modules
- Click here for discussion activities
- Click here for live sessions
- Click here for due dates
Please call or email me if you experience any technical difficulties and I will walk you through it.